Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Strong Family New Years Resolutions


Last night for FHE we had a lesson on goals for the new year. We told the kids we wanted each of them to pick a spirtual goal and a temporal goal for the new year. We went down the line, Mike said his, I said mine, then Savvy said her's (notice she wants to buy a nintendo DS-she didn't even know what those were until she saw her cousins had them and now that's all she can talk about). When we got to Cole he said "my goal is to not drink orange juice". We again explained that goals should be something positive and since orange juice is good for us that he should try a different goal. "My goal is to go to church when I was a little baby, I went everytime and never cried." Uh ok you will be assigned a goal :) Creed was also assigned a goal by us as well. As the latest walker of the trio, we decided he should be walking sometime soon! And since his only words are da da and dog and thought we expand his vocabulary, maybe to at least mama!! I wanted to post our goals on the blog so we can look at them once in awhile and remember what they are. Hopefully we will stick to it this year!

5 comments:

Dayna said...

I love your goals. It is a really good idea to include the kids on the list, I just always think of myself improving. Yes, I make my books using the Blurb book program. Nikki, I would love to make your blog book for you! Since I am just starting out with my book making business, I will do it for you for only $100 plus the price of the book. You my still want to do it yourself. They are so fun to do but SO time consuming! I can help you with the backgrounds too. Let me know!!

Nicole said...

Nice blog babe. Just sitting here at work at 6:30 in the morning not wanting to actually start (work).

Unknown said...

worthy goals. Set a bunch especially for Mike.

Stephen, Nadia, Mia y Ella said...

great goals! we have almost the same goals..haha

Nana Donna said...

I am so very proud of you kids. Family home evening is such a positive thing to be doing! I love your blogs they are very creative!