Sunday, May 24, 2009

Girls night and other fun stuff......






How much does he look like a little old man in the picture!! He is usually super serious like the picture below.

Okay so Mike and Cole got their father/son camp-out, but Savannah and I got our mother daughter sleepover! We invited Jolisa, Samantha, and Audree (some of our FAVORITE besties) to spend the night and had a grand old time! We did all the typical girl things, shopped at the mall, painted our nails, and made homemade Oreos which are TO DIE FOR. The girls had tons of fun, we heard them in their room giggling until 10:30 (and if you know me, you know my kids go to bed at 7 so that was me letting loose!) And Jolisa and I had fun staying up to 1 gabbing about who knows what but I feel very blessed to have such a great friend, they actually feel more like family to me! We were also lucky enough to have Jason and Erin come spend the night Saturday and the day Sunday. It was super fun having them. We are just trying to convince Erin to apply for a job here so they can be closer, we would love that.
Other than that this week has been pretty tame. No crazy Strong outings, just the usual walks, preschool, swim classes, ballet classes, play dates, etc. We have been LOVING the awesome weather and have been spending most of our time outside, even went swimming once this week. I haven't gotten up the nerve to take the kids to the beach without Mike but I just might this week depending on how brave I feel. Creed started waking up again at night, after about 2 months of sleeping all the way through. I had 2 sleepless nights last week. Everytime I would put Creed down the phone would ring and I would run to the hospital, do my scan, come home, fall asleep for about 10 minutes, baby crys, repeat cycle. Dang-it now I remember why babies are hard! And working! But everytime I start to feel sorry for myself I remember how lucky I am that I only have to take call 2 nights a week and that I never have to leave my kids with a babysitter and it makes it all worth it. It figures that last night he slept the whole night and I wasn't on call. Hopefully he is going through a growth spurt because he's such a little squirt still! Here are some new pics of him.........

4 comments:

The Grimmers said...

The Strongs are our FAVORITE Besties!!! We loved the sleepover, what good times!! I need that recipe BTW!!! Samantha keeps asking when we can do it again!!! Did you realize we're coming up on 6 years soon? We need to celebrate with a vaycay!!!!

Shannon said...

I think Cole is looking more like your side of the family, Nicole. Such a cute baby. I'm glad you were able to have a "Girls night" and spend time with your friend. Sounds like it was fun for all the girls.

Shannon said...

oops...I meant to say Creed...Creed is looking more like your side of the family, Nicole. :) Don't worry, I don't even get my kids names right half the time.

Nana Donna said...

Loved the pics of my newest grandbaby! I'm also glad you have such great friends that want to spend time with you and your family. That makes it easier for us to be so far apart when we want so badly for you to be closer.
Hope my little Creed will get back into his good sleeping habits for you. We are very excited for June because we'll be seeing you soon!