Sunday, September 27, 2009

Escaping the Heat

The past two weeks have been too hot for our liking. So on Friday, we finally decided to get out of town and head to Santa Barbara for the day. We love going to the Santa Barbara Zoo. It was easily 15 degrees cooler than here.



Beautiful Nicole enjoying the zoo.

We met our friends the Wests. We love hanging out with friends.

The White Handed Gibbon.

Crazy monkey posed for us.

Savannah and I strolling through the zoo.
The California Condors.

Cole, my little monkey.

Cole and Nicole with the Giraffes.

I always thought it would be cool to work at a zoo. But then I see crazy people like this lady actually talking to penguins, and expecting them to talk back . Weirdo!

Savannah and Cole in front of Savvy's favorite animals. The Flamingos. She goes crazy for them every time. She loves that they are pink, her favorite color.

I don't know what the name of this bird is, but I just thought it is cool looking. It's eyes are blood red. Crazy colors.

More monkeys.
Cute kids. Can't get enough of them. They are always such good kids when we go to the zoo. Except when it's time to leave.
Savannah loves insects and reptiles. This is her looking closely at a vipor I think.

Big fat frogs.
The hissing cockroach exhibit. How exciting!

What a happy little boy. Creed is such a good little boy. Always happy and willing to go everywhere we go.
Beautiful Savannah. She wears uniforms now and it is so nice for Nicole to not have to fight her about what she is wearing everyday. This is before school. And before this crazy heat wave, we were enjoying nice cool mornings, Savvy even needed a jacket! It was in the high 80s and 90s all last week! It is supposed to be back in the 70s this week, I can't wait.

5 comments:

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Ok, hello gorgeous Nicole! That first photo where your wearing those sunglasses reminds me of some movie star out trying to disguise herself in public with the paparazzi sneaking photos!

Ryan said...

Great picutres! Mike you have a nice camera and take good pictures. fun seeing all the animals.

Michael + Anna Costa said...

Nicole!! Thank you SO much for referring us to Michelle Nunez! I totally knew who you were but I don't think we've ever formally met! But thank you thank you for getting the word out there about us. MUCH appreciated!
BTW I LOVE the SB Zoo. :) We lived up there for four years and totally miss it! xoxo

Nicole said...

of course if I was a movie star I wouldn't be wearing sunglasses I would want to be admired by all my fans! you are crazy kristen but I love you even more now :)

brandt and soupie strong said...

Thismis Carlee i just wanted to say Shavanna looks so cute and hope she is having funn in school!